Shanghai ● China ● +86 (139) 1845-5725 ●
Lighting, Texturing & Look Development Experience
Lead Lighting Artist Jan 2018 – Present
Virtuos, Shanghai, China
● Project: Unannounced AAA project
● Trained and led new lighting artists on the team and level artists in other studio.
● Task planning, documentation, and troubleshooting for lighters and VFX artists.
● Defined lighting key and mood board, made paint-overs for the client and artists to reference.
● Beautiful corner lighting for key areas of missions for fellow lighting artists to follow.
● Provided first pass lighting feedback and technical guidance.
● Task-breakdown for the team on new objects with game-play, animation, art, VFX and lighting.
● Basic node-based scripting for graphics overrides and light functions.
● Interviewed new candidates for lighting and VFX artist with Art Directors.
● Project: Shadow of the Tomb Raider
● Created mood board for Art director and the client before starting to light the missions.
● Environment lighting, game-play lighting, and optimization for the DLC missions.
● Worked with designers to create scripted lights within interactive objects or objectives.
Psyop, Los Angeles, CA
VR UE4 Look Development Artist Jun 2016 – Dec 2017
● Look development, lighting and surfacing for various VR experiences in Unreal Engine 4.
● Worked on several Facebook masks using AR Studio.
● Painted textures of characters, props and environment for commercials.
Texture Artist Jun 2016 – Dec 2017
SOBA, Los Angeles, CA
● Project: Sonder – directed by Neth Nom
● Painted textures of props and environment for the award-winning short film.
● Texture baking and tiling techniques researched and optimized for the use in Unity.
Texture Artist Mar – Jun 2016
Sunny Boy entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
● Project: The Conjuring 2 – Experience Enfield VR 360
● Optimized UVs and painted textures of assets.
Surfacing Artist Jun – Jul 2015
Oculus Story Studio, San Francisco, CA
● Project: Henry a VR Experience
● Painted textures of props, environment and characters of the VR short film.
● Worked with art director, environment, shading and lighting leads to make optimization for the film.
Co-Director, Texture Artist, Lighter, & Compositor Jul 2012 – Dec 2014
Allen-Allen, 3D Animated Short Film, San Francisco, CA
● Designed & produced the animation short with 3 animators.
● Textured, lighted and composited all 3 characters, 5 scenes and 40 shots.
Texture Artist, Lighter & Compositor Jul – Dec 2013
Soar, 3D Animated Short Film, San Francisco, CA
● Painted textures of props and environment.
● Composited background shots.
● Built foreground compositing template script for lighters.
Co-Director, Modeler, Lighter, Animator & Compositor May 2010 – Jun 2011
Hi-Tech, 3D Animated Short Film, Taiwan
● Designed & produced the animation short with 2 animation artists.
42nd Student Academy Award - Animation Short Gold Winner Sep 2015
Soar, directed by Alyce Tzue, Student Academy Award
Spring Show 2015 - 3D Short Film, Third Place May 2015
Allen-Allen, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
4C Digital Award - Animation, Quality Award Nov 2011
Hi-Tech, Industrial Development Bureau, MOEA (IDB), Taiwan
Young Designers Exhibition - Visual Communication Design, Judges' list Award May 2011
Hi-Tech, Taiwan Design Center, Taiwan
M.F.A., 3D Animation & Visual Effect 2011-2014
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
B.F.A., Applied Art 2007-2011
Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
MAYA | Unreal Engine 4 | Horizon | Marmoset | AR Studio | Vray | Mental Ray | Arnold | Quixel Suite
Mari | Substance Painter | Substance Designer | Mudbox | Nuke | After Effects | Photoshop